Monday, January 9, 2012

Today shaped up to be a great day

Today shaped up to be a great day. Still recovering from the migraine from yesterday, but it is not too bad today.

I was able to do some biking in the fitness center at work today. I did a 15 minute ride on the bike and traveled the equivalent distance of 3.8 miles. I will forgo the running today for 2 reasons. Even thought the weather is great for Wisconsin at this time of year, nearly 40 F, it find that it was just a little too windy to want to be running.Especially just starting out. Secondly, I will be attending karate class tonight and should have all I can to get through class. I did struggle some last Friday and was out of breath for most of the class. I am planning to rework my schedule during the day for awhile to see if I cannot find time in the fitness center to run.

Another thing that I wanted to do was to start bringing my own food to work. I eat two meals there so I had to pack smartly. I brought I container of milk. That was enough for me to have half for breakfast and half for lunch. For breakfast I enjoyed a bowl of Raisin Bran cereal. For lunch I had a can of Campbell's  Vegetable Beef soup. I topped that off with Saltine crackers.

I am really glad to be holding up to my decisions. This has been a great experience for me and I look forward to this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment