Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Learn to fight and fight to learn

Learn to fight and fight to learn. In other words learn a skill well and what ever the cost never stop learning. Strive to learn something new everyday. After awhile it will become a habit. That is what I am striving to do with this blog. I want to make it a habit to come here everyday and share something. I am struggling with that. Hopefully over time I will have created a new habit and coming here will become second nature.

Since last Thursday I have been experiencing my headaches again. Typically they last all day and all night. Not sure what to do about them. I have been focusing on my exercises and that seems to help. However, I am not one to take the exercising lightly. Am I overdoing it and making my headaches worse. Possibly.

I have not been running the treadmill because of the stress on my legs. I would rather take my running to the road. I just need to work up the ambition to do so after work. I have been continuing my biking at the fitness center at the hospital. It is a great place that is supplied by my employer for the staff to use.

Today I have pushed my biking to the limits that I might not surpass in the near future. I set the time for 30 minutes and bike as far as I can. My top distance as of today is 10.86 miles and that was done today. I am very happy on that accomplishment. Not sure how much more I can push out of the bike with out stressing out my legs too bad. We will have to see just how fast I can top that distance.

I am picking up speed on my karate. I have learned one of the three kata that is needed for this next test. I have two left to learn. I hope to be testing sometime in late February or March. I cannot wait.

I have also been revisiting the idea of getting back into body weight training. I did post a link on the sidebar of this blog concerning body weight training. Please feel free to learn about it. I like it because of the flexibility of training anywhere at any time. I do not have to fit into a gym at certain hours or by extra equipment for my house. The training is based on minimal equipment that really can be used anywhere.

Please be patient with me and I hope to bring more to you everyday. Thank you and enjoy your night.

No comments:

Post a Comment