Saturday, February 18, 2012

While I am taking a break from the workouts.

While I am taking a break from the workouts.  I am today continuing on with the idea of eating healthy. I should have taken my own advice and refrained from eating the lunch I made for the rest of the family. I had to eat it disregarding the fact that I have food allergies. Thus the reason for now working out today.


One thing that I managed to do today was continued creating my healthy eating habits. I made jello and divided it up into small canning jars. This eliminates the need to purchase jello in plastic containers or put homemade jello into plastic. This also allows for easy transport to work and easy for the kids to grab a container for eating.

I hope to expand on this as time goes on. I will be collecting more jars and creating more grab and go lunches in glass jars. This can be done for various food. I can put not only jello but also fruits and vegetables in jars. In my house I use 3 different sizes of canning jars that all use the same size lids. That way I do not have to have a large selection of lids. Lastly, the other use that I have come up with for the jars is to put my left over food from  meals. This works well. Not only is it safer to use the glass but also easily allows for me to see what is in the refrigerator. I hope that this information is useful and that you can learn form things that I have been experimenting with.

Thank you for stopping by. Eat healthy and exercise regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment