Monday, February 27, 2012

There is always so much learning to do.

There is always so much learning to do. But with each new thing learned I have the ability to improve myself. I have been continuing on with my hunger to exercise. I have added things but do so in moderation as to not injure myself. I have backed off on my biking  for now. I still do bike 30 minutes a day with the rare exception and weekends. Once I can bike outside I will hope to even do so on the weekends.

There is also the other exercises that I perform. I am doing sit-ups, pull-ups and push-ups. This will help to improve my upper body strength that has always been on the weaker side. I have also started another exercise that I am not sure what it is called. Once I figure that out then I will add it to the list that i am doing. Just as a reminder my workout log is located on the right side of this posting. It is with other links that I feel are important

I have also been busy educating myself in the area of food. I am looking at introducing more raw foods into my diet. It will be difficult since I live with very diverse eaters in this house. I even have my wife who does not eat vegetables of any sort. That makes it hard to but not impossible for a raw diet. I will accomplish this but have to take it slowly.

I am also looking to limit my use of plastics in my everyday life. This is also a challenge but I am making some progress. I have started using more glass containers for storing leftovers and for taking food to work. The next thing I want to do is convince my wife to use the cloth bags when shopping to help eliminate excess garbage and harm to the planet.

This week I am planting my first seeds for my garden. This might seem early but must start the tomatoes and pepper plants. I hope to get a better start this year then I did last year. I am also hoping to add a few other things to my garden to help with my wanting to have a raw diet. What I need to do is figure out what I want to do for planting. I currently am using the raised bed method. It has worked well for me for the last couple of years. I will be searching out other space. I am considering using some type of planters.

Thank you for stopping by. I know that I have not been here as regularly as I want to. I will continue to post and let you know how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment