Sunday, February 5, 2012

I find that the weekends are not good for talking exercise.

I find that the weekends are not good for talking exercise. Like usual I am running short on the exercise this weekend. Still trying to figure out how to motivate myself for the weekend exercise but falling short. I am hoping that I can over come that soon.

What I want to do is bring in the subject of food. Eating right is a key ingredient to a successful healthy lifestyle. The problem that I am having is that the definition of what is good or bad for you has changed over the years. I need to study the newest dietary requirements for people now a days. What I do know is that the need for a balanced diet is a must.

Eating a variety of foods is required. The balance between vegetables, meats and fruits is a must. The need to include things like nuts and fish is also needed. I feel that avoiding fatty foods can also be done without compromising flavor.

For close to 5 years I at salads everyday. Yet I gained nearly 20 pounds and my weight was still increasing. I thought that I was eating fairly healthy and was still shocked at my weight gain. Then I decided to change my diet. I stopped eating so many salads and focused on just eating. If I was gaining weight I figured it was just because I was getting older. Then a revelation. I started consuming less sugar. I cut out drinking all soda pop. Within a month I decreased my weight by 10 pounds. Without the use of exercise I was able to keep off that weight for a year now.

The addition of exercise in January of this year I was able to take off an additional average of 4 pounds. That is amazing. I was inching closer and closer to my ideal BMI, which is around 183 pounds. Now I will be focusing on eating healthier which will boost my motivation for getting out and doing the exercises that I need to do.

So over the next week, even months I hope to study foods and the best and healthiest diets that I can find. I do not have a medical background and am not a dietitian. But I will approach it the same way I have done for my medical health. I will learn. My way will not be for everyone. I encourage everyone to participate in discovering their own healthy lifestyles. What I hope to do is make you aware of how choices may affect you and help guide you in making your own choices for not just exercise but also diets. I hope that my friends everywhere can help me learn new things and I hope to bring that knowledge to you.

Take care and have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment