Friday, March 30, 2012

This week has been extremely busy sorry that I have not been here like I want to. Some one has to pay the bills though. Now if someone is willing to pay me to write and exercise that is a different story.

Exercise and Martial Arts


This week has been amazing for my workouts. I have started a new format for doing my pull-ups. I do both overhand and underhand pull-ups. The difference is that I have started using a pyramid for my reps. That means  can be see below.

Rep 1    10 pull-ups
Rep 2      9 pull-ups
Rep 3      8 pull-ups
Rep 4      7 pull-ups
Rep 5      6 pull-ups
Rep 6      5 pull-ups
Rep 7      4 pull-ups
Rep 8      3 pull-ups
Rep 9      2 pull-ups
Rep 10    1 pull-up

I base this on 10 reps with 30 seconds to 1 minute in between each rep. There are some variations however.Currently I cannot do all 10 reps. My first rep is as many as I can do. So lets say my first rep is 8. Then I proceed from 8 on down. That is until I can do a full ten reps.  For example.

Rep 1      8 pull-ups
Rep 2      7 pull-ups
Rep 3      6 pull-ups
Rep 4      5 pull-ups
Rep 5      4 pull-ups
Rep 6      3 pull-ups
Rep 7      2 pull-ups
Rep 8      1 pull-up

Let's just say that I get to rep 6 and can do 4 reps there. I will continue to do 8 reps total but just adds a few more pull-ups to the routine. As demonstrated below.


Rep 1      8 pull-ups
Rep 2      7 pull-ups
Rep 3      6 pull-ups
Rep 4      5 pull-ups
Rep 5      4 pull-ups
Rep 6      4 pull-ups
Rep 7      3 pull-ups
Rep 8      2 pull-ups

When I can do a full ten reps I will be doing a total of 55 pull-ups. But where Do I go from there? I continue to do 10 reps just add 1 more pull-up to each rep.


Rep 1    11 pull-ups
Rep 2    10 pull-ups
Rep 3      9 pull-ups
Rep 4      8 pull-ups
Rep 5      7 pull-ups
Rep 6      6 pull-ups
Rep 7      5 pull-ups
Rep 8      4 pull-ups
Rep 9      3 pull-ups
Rep 10    2 pull-up

Using this method of training today I did 33 overhand pull-ups and 40 underhand pull-ups for a total of 73 pull-ups. WOW! Never had that strength before. The other variable that I use is that my pull-up bar is not fixed. I swings on a chain and that adds a whole new variable to the workout, movement. They are much harder to do an a swinging bar. Try this method of doing your reps. You will find that you can do more than you thought you could. I think that I will also start using this method for my push-ups too. They seem to be lacking lately.

Cooking and Eating Healthy


My eating has been going great. I am loosing weight rapidly and I am not a person who needs to loose weight. In the last two weeks I have gone from 186 lbs to 181 lbs. This can be attributed to my exercise, but mostly due to the change of my eating habits.

Everyday I have start the day with chia seeds and fruit or yogurt. I have a sandwich for lunch usually peanut butter on whole grain bread. I have managed to add tuna and egg salad some days. This is going great. I am noticeably adding muscle but continue to loose weight. That means that I am loosing more fat weight than I am gaining from muscle weight.

For any one that is wondering I do eat healthy meals. Typically I eat 4 to 5 times a day. The meals are not small either. So I am adding a lot of calories. I also diversify with fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates and proteins. I hope to soon post a example of a days worth of eating for me.

I hope everyone enjoys this blog. Sorry for the long time off  but I needed it. Hope to be back regularly for now. Healthy eating everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment