Monday, April 2, 2012

Today is a wonderful day.

Today is a wonderful day.

Exercise and Martial Arts


Today I added a "New Workout Log" to my links to the right of this posting. I have decided to do away with the old style that I had been using. The reason for this change is I hope that everyone can follow my workouts much easier. One of the benefits of the old spreadsheet was that I felt that it was easy to follow the progress each day. I think though that the new sheets are better at displaying how my workouts are set up. As you will see each exercise is listed on the left side of the sheet and across the sheet is the number of set that I perform each day. At the right side of the graph is a total of reps that are done for each day.

Another thing that I have managed to do is to start working on my hand strength. I purchased two 8 pound medicine balls. These are designed to allow for strengthening of my grip. I will be using them to perform may kata for my karate training. These take the place of the traditional jars that are used in strength training in Japan.    I will use them to practice punches and blocks also. This allows not only to strengthen my grip but also my arm strength. By using kata I feel that the different movements will use muscles in ways that they would normally not be used. Possibly even uses muscles that I have not normally been targeting for my workouts.

Cooking and Healthy Eating


I have been well on track with my eating habits. In fact last week I was able to reach a weight that I have not see for many years. Now one has to understand that I am not trying to loose weight. In fact I believe that it would be better if I gained a little more weight. At this point though I am pushing very hard not to compromise my eating habits that I have been forming over the last couple of months.

Along with the chia seeds that I have been eating along with fruit and yogurt I have been adding more protein and calories to my diet. I managed to fit in more things like whole grain bread with peanut butter. I also eat several fruits that are not part of my breakfast diet. I eat healthy portions of oranges, apples and bananas. Most evenings I also squeeze in a large bowl or two of cereals. Not the sugary types that I use to eat buy more of the plain cereals. Eating 4 to 5 times daily still is not allowing me to gain weight and instead I am loosing weight. I have also noticed that my muscles are getting much more toned and I feel that I am getting in the best shape of my life. With that said, since muscle weighs more than the fat I am realizing that the fat is coming off faster than what would be expected. This I am attributing sole to my diet.


News


I am putting the final plans on creating videos for my blog. I still am not sure how much this is going to affect my writing. I have thought of just doing videos for my blog and forget the writing. On the other hand I feel that might be a mistake. I would like have both side by side. Some readers will want to read the blog and watch the videos. Others will skim the text and only pick out what they feel is important to them. Yet others might just focus on the videos and forget the text.

My plans for the videos are to do short ones that are maybe two to five minutes long. That way they can be categorized according to different topic instead of making people watch them all the way through to find the information that they want.

Any feed back concerning anything discussed on today's posting is welcome. Your input is welcome in my developing a blog that best fits your needs. Have a wonderful week and until next time take care and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment