Monday, March 12, 2012

I would like to apologize for not posting last Friday. There was so much going on that I did not have a chance to finish the posting. My goal is to provide a meaningful posting 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I will attempt to keep this schedule the best I can.

Exercise and Martial Arts


I have been working hard at achieving my exercise goals. I still have trouble with working out on the weekends. The bad part is I have convinced myself that I need the weekends for resting. I will be striving to overcome this attitude. Negative attitudes eventually tear down progress.

I have been logging my progress on my Daily Workout Log just to the right of this posting. I am looking forward to running soon and the weather seems to be co-operating with that idea. Now I just need to get off of my lazy but and do it.






Cooking and Healthy Eating


This week has been great. I have begun the process of watching what I put onto my body. Last week I went shopping and purchased chia seed, various fruits and vegetables. My breakfasts this last week was a mix of blueberries, strawberries and grapes topped with two gravy ladles of soaked chia seeds. That has proven to be a wonderful blend of flavors.

For lunches I managed to have tomato bisque that I made using a recipe off of http://www.blytheraw.com/. I made so minor changes to the recipe to accommodate my ingredients. I look forward to making it again. As a note I did have the tomato bisque everyday this week except Wednesday, that was when food was provided at work.

Now just to look back at the chia seeds for a minute. They are slightly different then what I was expecting. I believe that I was well prepared for them. Did my research and followed the preparation of the seeds as I had learned. Even with all of that said I found its consistency interesting.

To prepare the chia seeds, I added 1/4 cup of chia seeds to 2 cups of water. They were allowed to soak overnight, which came out to about 12 hours. I find that as the week goes on the mixture gets thicker and thicker. This does not appear to be a issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment