Monday, February 15, 2016

Starting from Ground Zero...Again!

I was doing a great job last year of loosing weight and getting things going in the right direction. Then, I broke my foot. That was a major setback. The pounds came back on as I sat around the house not exercising and going crazy with the eating.

 For a couple of months I was eating what ever I could convince someone to bring me and usually it was not very healthy food. I knew the pounds were going back on but I really did not care. I was bore and food seemed to be the thing I could do. That combined with the lack of exercise quickly chipped away at my motivation.

But I now want to announce that I am back. I believe that I am back stronger then before. I may have back tracked on the weight but that is over. Just in the past week I have noticed that I have lost a few pounds.

I managed to have dumped my soda problem ... again. I have been without a soda (or caffeine of any kind) for the last week and a half. It feels good and I know that I will be loosing some weight just because of the lost calorie and sugar that is in the soda.The last time I quit I managed to loose about 10 pounds.

What I have added to the mix is a nightly "tea". I have made my own blend of spices and  have been drinking that nightly. My goal was to lessen or even eliminate my asthma. My exercise induced asthma kept me from running. I tried once in a while to run but life was just easier without it. I would be wheezing so hard just after a few feet that I feel the people in the next neighborhood over could hear me coming.

I believe that this tea is helping. I have been drinking it for the last couple of months and I seem to be not as worn out. In fact I was able to go out and run a week ago and managed to get myself about a half mile and a trial run. The best part was that I was not that out of breath when I finished.

The tea I came up with consists of the following ingredients.

     1/2 teaspoon - Cinnamon
     1/2 teaspoon - Turmeric
     1/2 teaspoon - Ginger
     Honey

I put the dry ingredients in the bottom of the cup. I then cover the dry ingredients with honey to fit my taste. I am considering other ingredients but still am working on the right blend. I then boil water and fill the cup.

This is what seems to be working for me. I feel that I have more energy and am ready to tackle the decade or so battle with asthma. As of today I have just under 2 weeks to prepare for a karate test. I will have to be able to run in a small room with several other individuals in it for about 20 minutes, in full karate uniform (gi) and with the heat turned up to what seems to be about 90 degrees. The whole test will take 3-4 hours. I cannot wait.

I am ready to take on the challenges and look forward to loosing weight and becoming a better me. Stick around and follow my journey. Better yet start your own journey. Let me know how and what you are doing to better yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment