Friday, February 26, 2016

Never Give Up!

I have come to the realization that loosing the weight like I had in the past is going to be a little more difficult. I have nearly two weeks down and am seeing very little progress, Though I am seeing progress. I just feel that there was more weight loss the first time around. This will not discourage me though. I was prepared for this situation. I have known that it is harder to loose the weight the more times that you try.

The biggest sources of weight gain for me are portions that are to large and way to many sodas. I have begun to watch the portions quit extensively. I am hoping that this will start to pay of sooner than later. I think that having a desk job is not helping burn off the calories that I am consuming even though I have cut back. What I will have to do now is bring in more exercise, though this will be somewhat more difficult.

Aside from working 50 hours a week I have taken up more activities outside of the workplace. One of my ongoing activities is that I am a full time student though Western Governors University. I am going to obtain my bachelors degree in business management. I currently have 3 terms left.

I have also recently taken up volunteering at my kids high school with the US Naval Sea Cadet Program. This is a new program at this school so we are building it to hopefully stand on its own in the near future. For now we are training under a neighboring unit. I am one of the officers/instructors in the unit. This new venture appears to be taking up more time than I first expected, but yet I did know that the adventure would be difficult and yet fun. It is definitely for a good cause...the kids.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to another test in karate. My son and I have been invited to the main dojo in Georgia to test for our next belt. We are both excited and are looking forward to testing.

With all of this said there still appears to be a lack of proper exercise in my life. Karate is good but that is only two days a week...normally. What I have to do is figure out how to squeeze in some time to do exercising around this tough schedule.

What I have started to do is while in my office I will do push-ups. I have been doing sets of 10 several times a day. This helps get the blood flowing and has increase the number of push-ups that I can do. Another thing that I have started to do is walking stairs. I have tried to limit how much I use the elevator. I have taken a preference to the stairs. I have even started making an effort to walking over to the the tallest building on campus and walking the stairs. There I have been able to walk up the stairs for 10 stories.

This all might sound impressive but I am also not doing this everyday. Some days I just get so busy that I forget or do not have time to do anything extra. My goal now is to force myself to take that time that I need for my well-being. Other things that I would like to work into my schedule are running, sit-ups and jump roping. I also am looking forward to biking again.

These are some goal and so let the journey begin. I hope that the next time I post a new entry I can have set some of these goals into practice. Oh, one last comment. I mentioned that I was drinking to much soda. Well I would like to announce that since I posted last (I believe on the 15th of February) I have completely gotten rid of all sodas from my diet. I did it once before then broke my foot. Now I am back!

No comments:

Post a Comment