Saturday, May 24, 2014

Well the move is over. We moved from our house in Wisconsin to an apartment in Tennessee. After a few months in the apartment we were fortunate enough to be able to buy a house. Now that we are fairly settles here it is time to get back here and take care of things that have been neglected for way too long.

Lately, my goals and ambitions have been significantly increasing. On the down side my motivation has been holding steady and even decreasing a little. NOW is the time to change that again. NOW is the time to take a control of the future and shape it into something that I want, not something that it wants.

It is so easy to fall in the trap of keeping on with the same things, day in and day out. There are so many distractions out there that just get in the way, that zap the energy out of a person. Distractions that give a false feeling of happiness and comfort. In all reality nothing will change with out action.

For me my biggest vice is Netflix. In our family we have decided not to buy regular T.V. and just use Netflix for our entertainment. Unfortunately it is easy to get sucked into this trap, this addicting need to for visual stimulation. What is it really doing? Zapping our drive to and giving the false sense of comfort and happiness.

I will be keeping on with the Netflix, it is a good, cheap source of movies and other entertainment for the family. What I will be doing is limiting my exposure to its contents so that I can make something of this life that I am living. I need to get back to the basics taking care of my spiritual health, my physical health, creating a healthier family structure and building a healthier financial outlook.

I have vowed to start working out again. This included not only exercise but eating healthier and learning the most I can about healthy lifestyles. I am also in the process of registering for classes, which will allow for the advancement in the workplace.

I am very excited about this and am looking forward to self improvement. Taking the readers of this blog will definitely be something I am looking forward to. If this journey can help change the outlook for just one person then it is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment